According to Adobe's recent Online Holiday Shopping Forecast, American shoppers are expected to spend $1.63 billion on Black Friday followed by an additional $2.27 billion on Cyber Monday. Wow.
So what's a girl to do? Organize, plan, list and shop 'til your heart's content! Take advantage of the holiday sales but be sure to do your homework beforehand - just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's automatically a good deal :(
|Adobe Digital Index|
Black Friday Shopping Tips:
- if you don't want to face the crowds, remember you can shop online for many if not all of the deals! (wear your pjs and enjoy!!)
- set a budget and stick to it
- write out a concise list of the items you intend to purchase
- collect the sales ads and circle the items you intend to buy
- reorder your list to reflect the stores that open first and what time you need to arrive
- take advantage of early bird and night owl shopping specials
- also take advantage of price-matching opportunities, why drive to more stores than you have to?!
- make out a planned route of what stores you will visit and when
- if you're shopping with friends or family, share the list so that you're only going to one department each within a store
- gas up your vehicle the night before as you don't want to waste time when you're on the way to shopping bliss
- dress appropriately as you could be standing in line for like for-ever, this is not the time to wear heels!! Be casual and comfortable - you'll thank me later ;)
- take the sales ads with you to avoid any confusion once you're in the store
- don't vary from the list, this isn't the time for window shopping!
- be sure to ask for gift receipts when making holiday purchases
- and if it's a gift, make sure you understand the store's return/exchange policy before purchasing as this could be a huge unexpected problem later on
- take your own snacks, who has time to stop and eat on Black Friday?!
- spend wisely, don't go over your preset budget
- be polite, safe and please, please remember to use your manners (even if someone else doesn't!)
- have fun and be sure to stop shopping just before you're about to drop ;)
Happy Thanksgiving & Black Friday & Cyber Monday!
My Favorite Things.