The Ultimate Capsule Wardrobe Basics

With spring fashion 2017 starting to hit the streets, I sometimes wonder why - why bring back super-bright jewel tones, 80s padded shoulders and poofy dresses, or head-to-toe florals so you look like your Grandma's tablecloth?? Why oh why??! Isn't there anyone out there with some imagination? The same goes for films and TV shows, what's old is new again. Why some may enjoy the 'comeback', I for one, don't...

So what's my wardrobe of choice? I like to stick with the comfortable and the classics. I don't want to invest any money in a piece I'm supposed to only wear for one season. I mean, really??! Why not purchase items of clothing that make you feel good, and yet don't make you look like you're trying too hard...isn't that the better way to go than by wearing a flowery tablecloth?? Just sayin...

I think you can look stylish and sexy with a few well put together pieces to form a basic classic wardrobe like this one: The Ultimate Capsule Wardrobe Basics



And once you've got the basics in place, feel free to add in some trendy accessories that won't break the bank, like maybe a jewel tone scarf? But no shoulder pads, sorry! And here's another Parisian chic choice, Modern French Wardrobe:


And I also love this one, Minimalist French Wardrobe Basics


If you'd like to learn more about putting together your own ultimate capsule wardrobe, I recommend following my Pinterest board, My French Wardrobe Obsession, where I've posted more than 1,000 images! 

Read: Find Your Style and Fashion Secret: The Third Piece Rule for even more style ideas!

Hugs,
My Favorite Things.